Trial system: Free
- Fully functional but limited to 9 documents at a time.
- After the first 9 run it again and it will do the second 9 and so on.
- Reduce costs by using it to set up and test your migration runs and then puchase a licese to push the runs through.
* Plus GST for Australian purchasers.
** If you start by purchasing a few week blocks of time and then decide to purchase a full years license, the cost of any blocks purchased in the previous three months may be deducted from the total, but the year will start from the date of the first of those deducted purchases.
Additional consultancy from Clockwork Software in association with MacroView
Needless to say, having been involved in plenty of migrations I am pretty good at getting things set up. So if you want some help connecting to your own ECM feel free to discuss purchasing a few hours (or days) of my time.
Please note that while the migration tool is a Clockwork Software product, this additional consultancy is provided by Clockwork Software in association with MacroView. MacroView are specialists in Document Management for SharePoint and their core product is a very cool tool called MacroView DMF, short for MacroView Document Management Framework. MacroView DMF adds the controls and functionality to SharePoint that enterprise document management users have come to expect from products like Documentum and the OpenText suite. For more information visit http://www.macroview.com.au/.
Using the SharePoint Migration Tool cost effectively
We use a time based licensing model because migrations come in all shapes and sizes and this makes it a bit more affordable to smaller organisations.
To help you use the Tool m ost cost effectively, the latest version of the Trial version of the SharePoint Migration Tool will always allow you to migrate 9 documents at a time. This means:
- with a bit of patience you can migrate a few hundred documents 9 at a time and set up a UAT environment
- you can set up migration runs and test them 9 documents at a time
- then you can purchase a license for a week and push those runs through.
The key thing is that for smaller migrations, as long as you get your migration runs well organised, you can keep the costs down.