The Clockwork Software SharePoint Migration Tool, and other aides to migrating documents from your old SQL Server based ECMS into SharePoint 2013, 2016, and 2019* (2019 still being proved).
We migrated just under 3 million documents, almost 1 TB of data, over the course of 9 weekends. Using 40 instances of the migration tools running in parallel across 4 SharePoint servers allowed us to condense almost 1,950 hours of migration into just under 67 hours … The tool was very stable and got the job done. – Shoosmiths LLP
- Document management systems like DOCs Open, Hummingbird DM4, DM5 and DM6, OpenText, iManage FileSite, FileNet, etc with files stored on a network drive or share
- Network file shares
- SharePoint 2013, 2016 and 2019* (2019 still being proved)
- Map all versions and metadata (including managed metadata)
- Migrate to SharePoint libraries and folders – major and minor version libraries both supported, also Record libraries
- Apply document level security
- Transform metadata and reorganise data structures as needed
- Speeds of 80,000 documents per hour have been reported
- Files loaded directly to your SharePoint (no intermediary third party servers)
- Map files stored in multiple DM “folders” to a single file + Link to a Document items in other locations.
Examples large and small
- Shoosmiths LLP, a large UK law fir m, migrated 3 million documents from Hummingbird DM6.
- We migrated just under 3 million documents, almost 1 TB of data, over the course of 9 weekends. Using 40 instances of the migration tools running in parallel across 4 SharePoint servers allowed us to condense almost 1,950 hours of migration into just under 67 hours, that’s a saving of over 78 days’ work! The tool was very stable and got the job done. – Shoosmiths LLP
- Story of the migration: Migrating Millions of Legal Documents to SharePoint
- Small Sydney law firm – 20,000 documents from Authodox
- NY bank – 10 million documents from Hummingbird DM6 – in progress.
- Connector for Hummingbird DM systems (including OpenText systems that were upgraded from Hummingbird)
- File system parser
- File system validator for traditional DM systems
- identify missing or corrupt files before you migrate them
- copy selected files from your file store to make them accessible for migrating to SharePoint (e.g. if your old DM system and SharePoint are firewalled apart)
- “Quick connect” methodology for other databases.
- Read the “In more detail” section for a fact sheet, in depth videos, and more
- Register for the Free Trial – it is fully functional and includes a simple ECMS database (as in the videos). It also includes various documents including how to connect the trial system up to your own ECMS database so you can start migrating your own documents into SharePoint
If you have some questions send me an email at email@example.com.