New in May 2019
After successful completion of several migrations for pre-release customers we are happy to release our new and updated tool for migration to SharePoint in the Cloud (SharePoint Online / 365).
Migrate from iManage, OpenText, and other DM systems to SharePoint in the Cloud (SharePoint Online / Office 365)
- Harness the power of the Microsoft SharePoint Online Migration API to move your documents, versions, and metadata into the Cloud
- designed for migration from traditional DM systems (any SQL Server based DM system)
- special enhancements to facilitate migrations from iManage and OpenText
- with an open design (and API) to allow migration from other sources.
- String, number, date, choice
- managed metadata (coming soon).
- folders (with content type and metadata)
- document sets (with content type and metadata)
- libraries, Lists, Sites done with separate tool
Security (coming soon):
- substitute user
- control of number of concurrent batches
Batches are extracted from the SQL Server DM database into a local SQLite database which is then used to manage whole process.
Migrating a batch includes:
- checking data quality
- uploading documents and metadata to Azure
- launching and monitoring concurrent “Migration API Jobs”.
SQL views and stored procedures are used to extract the correct files and metadata (along with any transformations) and map them to locations in SharePoint.
Batches are each imported into an SQLite database which is used for monitoring migration progress
- Check data quality
- create structure
- upload documents and metadata to Azure
- launch and monitor migration runs.
Storage containers for the uploaded files, and queues for monitoring, are created in your Azure Tenancy.
- Simple system to show how it’s done and prove the capability
- includes demo DM and Migration databases, library template, environment checker …
- fully functional migration tool but limited to 9 documents per migration.